Sunday, July 31, 2011

Barrel House 211

Late Saturday morning my wife and I decide to fight the throng of people downtown Davenport for the Bix 7 road race.  We stopped at Great River to see if any of our friends that ran the race would show up, none of them did so we went a few blocks down the road to a new bar, Barrel House 211.  This was their first weekend open and there were a few rough edges that will get smoothed down as time goes by.  Inside the bar has a modern look to it.

They have only six taps, which my wife and I found a bit odd since they named their business the Barrel House we felt they would have much more in tap beer.  The six taps they had were Bud light, Coors light, Shock top, Sam Adams seasonal and two Great River beers.  So they at least have some good options for tap beer.  The bottle and can selection was mainly the mass produced stuff, but they do have some good bottles to chose from.  Included in that were bottles from Millstream, Boulevard, and New Belgium.

This place has promise to be a interesting stop in Davenport.  Especially if they are open to suggestions and requests from their clientele.

QC Beerguy

1 comment:

  1. Hi QC Beerguy,

    I am the owner of QuadCitiesNightOut.com and I am looking for qualified bloggers in the area to post on our site. I have the QC Foodie and Behind the Scenes with Jennifer D. so far.

    I would like to post your blogs for free on our site which would help you get more exposure and advertisers and give our readers some great knowledge of handcrafted beer and where to find it.

    If you would like to post, please contact me at nhacker@quadcitiesnightout.com.

    ReplyDelete