Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Newt's Rochester, MN

Last night I was in Rochester, MN and checked out a new place.  I went to Newt's http://cccrmg.com/newts_menus.htm a bar and grill know for it burgers, they have at least 12 burgers on the menu.  Also they serve sandwiches, salads and appetizers.  I ordered the Juicy Lucy, a Minnesota delicacy I believe, it is a burger that has the cheese on the inside of the patty.  On the first bite most of the cheese in my burger was on my plate.  The burger was very good, but I would not say that this is the best burger I ever ate.  Now onto the beer.

They had 10 taps including Miller Lite, Stella, Fat Tire, Oberon, Summit EPA, Sawtooth Ale, Furious, Black Butte Porter, Crispin Cider and Rouge Chocolate Stout.  Not a bad selection, but nothing out of the ordinary either.  Bottle and can selection includes beers from Bell's, 21st Amendment, Surly, Great Lakes, Founder's, Dark Horse as well as the mass produced beers as well.  Overall the beer selection is pretty good for a burger place.

I went to the newest location in Rochester, just opened in July.  The place was very busy and they have no where near enough parking for their customers. I would say to definitely consider this place if you are in Rochester.  But my first choice for Rochester is still Whistle Binkie's, but it is always a good idea to branch out every once in a while.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment