Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weasy's in Spencer, IA

So I find myself in cosmopolitan Spencer, IA tonight and as a suggested to me by a friend,  I went to a "dive" bar, Weasy's.  It is less of a dive bar than say Budde's in Galesburg, but it had a much worse selection of a beer.  Weasy's is really a townies bar and grille.  I went in and found a spot at the bar, along side some of the locals that were out have a couple cocktails after their workday.  Weasy's has a varied clientele from families to 20 somethings to the grey haired crowd.  So pretty much anyone that is local makes it into this place.

Onto the beer part.  I notice as I am taking a seat that they have all of 5 taps Bud, Bud Light, Mich Golden, Amberbock and Sam Adams Lager.  I'm sure you can guess what I ordered, yep that's right Sam.  As I am looking at the menu to decide on my dinner, I notice on the back page the list of their bottle and canned beer, everything was the mass produced stuff.  At least they had Sam Adams.  I did notice that they had Millstream soda but no Millstream beer.

As I look around the place I see that it is decorated with softball mementos as well as Miami Dolphin collectibles.  So to surmise the owner played softball and is a Miami Dolphin fan.  Also I noticed that most of the softball stuff had Budweiser on it somewhere, the local Bud dealer must of sponsored the teams.

Well I made my first adventure into the unknown of the local "dive" bars.  I hope this might be a blog that happens occasionally as I make my rounds.  Jim, thank you for the idea!

Tomorrow night back to Lincoln, NE unsure where I will go, maybe Yia Yia's ar someplace else.  Until tomorrow night.

QC Beerguy   

No comments:

Post a Comment