Monday, July 18, 2011

Beer Know it All

Tonight I went to El Bait Shop in Des Moines and unwittingly sat close to a man that I will call the Beer Know it All.  This man had an opinion on every beer know to man and it seemed like each beer he talked about was the greatest beer known to man.  These included Belzebuth, Lindeman's Framboise, and New Belgium  Lips of Faith Super Cru. 

He found this young couple that were out for an evening enjoying some beer and interjected himself as to what they should be drinking.  He bought them a couple of beers as well as telling them what to drink.  He kept up a continuous amount of babble.  He did not even slow when a couple members of the homebrew club came over after their meeting.    This man had an opinion on every beer and that he knew better than anyone as to what is good beer.   When challenged, his fall back position was that he had a bottle of Utopia back home in Minnesota.


I guess my point is tonight is that I do not believe that I am even close to this man, but those around me know better than I.  So if I resemble this man, I apologize for being that person, but I do not believe I am that way.  So  keep spreading the gospel of the great beer!

QC Beerguy 

1 comment:

  1. There is a fine line to be drawn between a beer evangelist and a beer nuisance. I try hard not to talk about beer unless someone else brings it up. Keep fighting the good fight! :)

    ReplyDelete