Monday, July 25, 2011

Crescent Moon Omaha, NE and Lucky Bucket Beers

Back in Omaha and decided to go explore Crescent Moon http://www.beercornerusa.com/ more and see if it is a real beer bar or not.  From my evening there I have to say that Crescent Moon does make the cut as a real beer bar.  They have about 40 tap beers and over 100 bottles of beer.  They have pretty much the typical bar food burgers, wings, chicken sandwiches and the like. The main event though is the beer, they have beers from six different Nebraska breweries on tap a nice touch.

If you remember when I was first introduced to Crescent Moon, I said it was part of what they call Beer Corner USA.  This includes Beertopia a beer store, Huber Haus a German Bier Hall and Max and Joe's a Belgian beer bar.  I went into Beertopia looking for some beer that I can not buy in Illinois or Iowa and I was able to do that.  I am coming home with some beer from Lucky Bucket, Jolly Pumpkin and Thunderhead, so I am happy.  This is a good beer store that is far from huge but packs a lot of beer into a small area.  If you are in Omaha this is a good place to check out.

I have previously blogged about Lucky Bucket Certified Evil, which I love and I am coming home with some.  But tonight I had the other two beers from Lucky Bucket on tap at Crescent Moon.  First beer up is the Pre-Prohibition Lager, a really good American Lager.  It is a pale yellow beer with a thin white head.  Aroma is clean, with a noticeable hop punch and a sweet malt nose offset with a bit of sulfur from pils malt, I believe. This is a really nice thirst quenching beer.  If you can find it grab it.  Grading this beer I give it an "A".

Second beer is Lucky Bucket IPA, a nicely balanced American IPA.  The beer is amber in color with a long lasting white head.  The aroma is piney, resinous hops and sweet grainy malt.  The beer is a balance of malt and hops in the mouth and it finishes dry.  This is a really good classic American IPA, again if you can find it buy it.  For a grade I give this beer a "B+".


Tomorrow I will be in Lincoln and have my eye on somewhere new to try.  I will let you know what I think of it.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment