Thursday, July 28, 2011

Now that's what you do with cards

So I found myself back in Lincoln, NE tonight and went back to Yia Yia's Pizza for some good pizza and some really good beer.  As those of you that know me I leave my business card in the Men's room of every place I go to.  So I take a seat at the bar and look down and see a bunch of flyers and other stuff.  Then I notice a familiar business card, yep the QCBG card.  So unlike up in Milwaukee where I witnessed the desecration of my card in a urinal, my cards were brought out into public.  So I can not help but think "No peeing here!"  and I laugh silently to myself.  Somebody here likes me, or at least the card.

When the bartender finally has a moment he comes over and grabs my order for a slice of za and a beer.  The beer I chose to start with was Great Divide's Belgian Style Yeti http://www.greatdivide.com/, which is an Imperial stout brewed with Belgian yeast.  My pint comes pitch black with a hint of a tan head.  The nose is of dark roast, but cut with sweetness and a hint of Belgian yeast character.  Flavor is pretty much the same, just understated.  As far as this being a great different beer, I can not say it is.  Grade "C-", there are much better Imperial stouts and Belgian stouts out there.

Second beer up was Upstream's Rye Lemonade http://www.upstreambrewing.com/SeasonBeers.aspx, a rye larger with lemon.  I can not say that this is a radler and from the description on the website it is not.  It is medium gold with a slight white head.  The aroma is grainy, slightly spicy and a hint of lemon.  Taste is of a clean lager, slightly spicy from the rye and a hint of pilsner malt.  The lemon  is understated at best.  I am not impressed with this beer.  Grade "C-", it is neither a good lager nor a radler.  I would not have another one.

Unfortunately tonight I did not hit upon really good beer, but at least I can say I had beers worth trying.

Finally I will be on my way home tomorrow PM, a word of warning to my wife!  LOL

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment