Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beer Shirts

Last evening I was leaving the bar and grill I ate at in Spencer, IA and had a brief conversation with a woman that was outside smoking, all because of the beer shirt I had on.  She noticed I was wearing my Beer Connoisseur shirt and she said  that her boyfriend had that shirt as well.  She continued on telling me that they have recently begun homebrewing and were greatly enjoying the hobby.  At that point the man she was standing with, but not her boyfriend, pipes up saying I can just get a six pack from the local store why make your own.  Both the women and I agreed that it is fun and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you drink what you made.

Shortly after that, on my way back to my hotel, I started thinking about some of the reactions I receive when I wear various beer shirts.  One that I almost always receive comments on is the I heart(love) beer shirt, I received from a beer tour at Old Chicago.  Usually it goes something like this I am walking along and a guy is walking the other way says something like, "Cool Shirt".

I know I also receive smiles, nods or some other reaction to other shirts as well.  Including my "Abs of Ale" shirt from Square One Brewery in St. Louis.  Also my latest shirt receiving attention is the "Seven Heads are Better Than One" Hydra Shirt from Great River Brewing in Davenport, IA.  There are several others that receive some kind of reaction.

I can not help but laugh at the attention I receive when I wear some well thought out beer shirts from various breweries or beer bars.  It has become a great art to think up funny or quirky sayings to put on a shirt.  I know it gets me to buy them and the shirts do receive attention.  The thing I question though, is if the people that read the shirts actually remember where the shirts are from?  Maybe some do but I am sure most do not.  Yet it is a fun thing to wear these shirts and see the reactions from the people I pass.

I will continue to keep an eye out for shirts to add to my collection and see what reactions they will receive.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment