Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Whistle Binkies

Back into Rochester again, so that means I went to Whistle Binkies, if you want to see original blog go back to February 23, 2011.  This is a beer bar equal to some of the heavyweights The Map Room, Muddy Pig and Happy Gnome!  Yes I have been to them all so I know what I am talking about.  They maybe in big Cities but Whistle Binkies is their equal if not superior on the beer selection.  Jonny and Julie do an excellent job taking care of customer each and every Wednesday night.   Jonny informed me that they are going to have a new and bigger cooler as well Stone is coming to Minnesota!  Yes I am very happy that I will be able to get Arrogant Bastard and Ruination Ale in Minnesota.

As far as my beers I had tonight, the first was New Holland Imperial Hatter.  This is a double IPA that changes a bit every year and each year it is wonderful.  A nice medium copper beer that pushes the malt forward versus the hops.  This has the northwestern hops that you would expect for a DIPA and it is not over the top on alcohol even though it is a 9.4% ABV beer.

The second beer I had was Founders Double Trouble this as well is a DIPA checking in at 9.4% ABV.  As with the Imperial Hatter this beer changes a bit every year.  This beer is much more hop forward, again Northwest Hops in the aroma and taste.  The malt is the backbone that carries the hops and blends nicely with the hops.  Even though it is a high alcohol beer it is a beer that is easy to drink and if you drink too many you will be in trouble, correct that double trouble!

Tomorrow night La Crosse and Bodega Brewpub!  I hope it is not amateur night at the Bodega since it will be St. Patrick's night.  Cheers!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment