Monday, March 28, 2011

Front Street Davenport, IA

Yesterday my wife and I made our way down to Front Street after helping fill some sandbags at the River Center.  I have always liked the location of Front Street.  They have a small patio area in the back and from the bar you can watch the Mississippi River go by.  They have made quite a few changes to the upstairs to add more seating and make it more homey.  This brewpub has a great feel, lots of wood and exposed brick.

We both ordered the brewer's special which is currently a Marzen.  We have been told it is either very good or very difficult to drink.  We found it to be quite drinkable and it seemed to be true to style.  As far as the rest of their beers it is very hit and miss.  Sometimes the beers are very good and at times they are nearly undrinkable.  They use to have the best by far Hefeweizen in the QC area, now it is average at best and the last two times I had it had multiple off flavors.  Their most consistent beer currently is the Davenport Gold Pale Ale.  Clean crisp and hoppy.  Their other beers currently leave something to be desired.

We always give Front Street an opportunity multiple times each year and sadly more often than not we find the beer lacking.  As I said this brewpub has a great location and will continue to be visited by many people because of that reason.  I just wish I had more positives to give out.

QC Beerguy

1 comment:

  1. I had heard there was going to be guest commentator on the blog. I was surprised when I logged in and there wasn't anything from the QC Beer Guys guest commentator. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete