Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Brewing Network

OK so this is going to be basically a lot of sucking up with the Brewing Network http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/.  If you are a homebrewer and do not know about the Brewing Network what rock have you been hiding under?  This is the only live homebrewing podcast on the internet. 

The Brewing Network is the brain child of Justin Crossley, I know I have it spelled correctly Justin.  I first found the Brewing Network through another member of MUGZ and I am so glad for the introduction.  The people behind the Brewing Network provide a lot of brewing information.  Some of the personalities besides Justin includes Jamil Zainasheff, John Palmer, Sean Paxton, Doc, Tasty, JP and most importantly Beevo!  They provide a variety of programing.  Included in this is the Sunday Session, not for work download, that usually has an interview with a craft brewer and some homebrewing information.  Brew Strong where Jamil and John pontificate their homebrewing knowledge out to the masses and you wonder why Jamil is "the Pope" of homebrewing.  The Jamil Show Can You Brew It? where a gaggle of master brewers try to clone brew craft beers, hosted by Jamil and Mike "Tasty" Mc Dole.  Also Sean and Justin host The Homebrewed Chef, Sean is famous for his craft beer and food dinners.  Last and least, sorry JP, is Lunch Meet which can be and always is about anything and everything.

At last years NHC my wife and I as well as several other member of our homebrew club, MUGZ http://www.mugzhomebrew.org/, had the opportunity to meet everyone from the Brewing Network.  Even though these people are the rock stars of the homebrew community they are well grounded and know they are no better than any other homebrewer.  Especially JP, he may come off as an ass but is truly a gentleman when a person has an opportunity to talk one on one with him.  I even wound up with a special opportunity to embarrass myself live on the internet with Justin by talking into his neck during his session at NHC.  I quickly became know as "Star Shit" for my answer to Justin's question.    As well I had the opportunity to meet some other wonderful people of the BN Army at NHC.  Shout out to Dirk and Who ate all the pies!

I cannot thank the Brewing Network enough for all of the information and entertainment they provide me each and every week.  I occasionally have the chance to listen to the shows live, but always download the MP3 for listening during my long drives during the week!

I am a glad member of the BN Army by contributing $2 a month towards Justin's travels around the world in the his private jet.  Just kidding Justin, I know the money goes towards the programing and equipment that make the Brewing Network go.  Keep up the Great work!

Thank you!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment