Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mason City, IA

So I find myself in Mason City, IA tonight, the home of Meredith Wilson of Music Man fame.  Also in Mason City  is the last surviving hotel in the United States that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, thankfully finally being restored after over 10 years of promising to do it.  Probably it is most famous for being the airport that Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper took their last flight from. 

Unfortunately this is not home to a great beer scene.  The place I have found to be the craft  beer place is called The Other Placehttp://www.theotherplace.com/.  Their craft brew includes Millstream's Pale Ale and Boulevard's Pale Ale and Unfiltered Wheat Beer.  I come here for the food.  Tonight I had the 9" meat pizza and it was good as usual.  They also have a good sandwich menu.  The Other Place is a regional chain with restaurants in Iowa and Kansas. 

From talking with a regular at the bar, again that is were I sit, this is the craft brew place in Mason City.  Thank you Brandon and good talking with you Mike.

Cheers!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment