Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Paticks Day at Bodega

So this is one of the nights where everyone drinks and unfortunately it cause problems.  We here in the US are fixated on certain holidays to drink and we come into problems.  I wish we were more like the European countries when it comes to drinking.  Thanks to our puritan routes we treat alcohol as the devil!  If we were more relaxed about it we would not see "amateur night"  a few nights a year. 

St. Patrick's Day is when everyone is Irish and thus feels entitled to drink like a fish.  Well from what I read today St. Patrick is actually English and did not chase the snakes out of Ireland.  Why let facts get in the way of a good story?  So let us all drink for fun.  By the way where in the hell did the green beer idea come from?

Tonight a Bodega it was crowded but I was able to find a seat at the bar right away.  The multitudes had green on and where out for a good time.  While I was at Bodega a bagpipe band came in and I greatly enjoyed it.  Everyone was feeling Irish. 

I had a couple wonderful beers tonight, first the Lakefront Snake Chaser Irish Ale.  It is black with a tan head and a bit sweeter than Guinness.    I think it is more of a oatmeal stout than a dry Irish Stout.   Regardless this is a very drinkable stout that I could sit down and have a few of.  It is dark roast  that is slightly sweet, so it is good!

The other beer I had was Fishtale Winterfish IPA, it is a well balanced  IPA.  It is does not go one way or the other it balances out quite well.  I can not complain about this beer it is a nice drinkable IPA. If you can find it drink it.

Thank you John and Jeff for keeping this wonderful bar alive.  I will be back when it is less crowded!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment