Monday, June 27, 2011

Schell's Rauchbier and Two Brother's Resistance IPA

So I'm in Rochester tonight and went to my usual place, but will not mention it because my favorite supplier said I have talked enough about it.  So instead I will talk about the two new beers to me I had tonight.  First up Schell's Rauchbier the label explains that the beer was brewed with a blend of beechwood and cherrywood smoked malts to create a twist on our interpretation of a traditional Franconian Rauchbier.  This is probably the best beer in their Stag Series, it is a very good classic rauchbier.  As it warms it become more and more caramel sweet to off set the smoke characteristic of the beer.  If you can find this grab it and drink it.

Second up Two Brother's Resistance IPA.  This beer may crack my favorite IPAs list.  It has lots of hops but yet has the malt to offset and probably muscle out the hops in this beer.  There are lots of piney, citrus hops in this beer.  It has a nice white head on top of a light gold beer, it is just a beautiful beer.  So again if you find this beer grab it and drink it.

As an aside on Two Brother's they have recently purchased the Roundhouse in Aurora, IL at auction, for a reported $1.1 million dollars.  Sad to say no more ABC beers being made only Two Brother beers now, so that means no chocolate blonde, needless to say my wife is far from happy.  There is hope that some day Mike will again be brewing the chocolate blonde, so if you are a fan keep an eye out and find it when you can.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment