Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cafe Indigo Davenport, IA

Thursday night my wife, our daughters, her mother, her mother's friend and I went to Cafe Indigo http://qccafeindigo.com/Home_Page.php.  For those of you in the Quad Cities you may be wondering where this restaurant is located, well it is located in the same general area as Osaka and Baker St.  This is a wonderful place that sometimes seems to be a well kept secret.  Which is a plus and a minus, usually you can find a table with little if any wait, but also if enough people do not know of Cafe Indigo it may not be there for long.  So please make sure to visit Cafe Indigo, but keep it our secret.

They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  They have a extensive and as they say "American cuisine with a twist", so I believe any one can find food that is to their liking.  They have numerous vegetarian items as well as steak and chicken dishes.  A fun thing they do is upon coming to your table they bring you some home made potato chips to graze on.  The couple of times my wife and I have been there the waitstaff is attentive and tries to meet your every need.

The do have an interesting beer list as well.  Everything is in the bottle, they have no tap beer, but it is not your usual mass produced beer.  Yes they do have the mass produced beer, but the vast majority is craft and import beer.  My first beer was Anchor Porter, a very good porter with some strong chocolate and roast notes.  My second was Moritz a Spanish lager, that was a light drinkable beer with some interesting citrus notes.  Both are very good beers that I enjoyed very much.  My mother in law had the Monty Python Holy Grail Ale.  My wife had Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss.  Also I remember seeing list Old Thumper and Rochefort as well on the list, needless to say they take their beer seriously!  One word of warning, make sure to ask for a none frosted glass, they do have them , but normally do not give them out with the bottled beer.

As well they seem to have an extensive wine list to chose from, but I am not the QC Wineguy so that is all I am saying about wine.

Needless to say please frequent Cafe Indigo, so they can continue to provide some really good food and an efficient but interesting beer list.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment