Thursday, June 2, 2011

Past couple of days

So here I am in Spencer Iowa while some good friends are down in Galesburg Illinois at a beer themed fundraiser for the American Red Cross.  Thank you Jim and the guys from Gonzo!  I hope it was a fun evening.

I was able to find a sports bar in Spencer to eat this evening, typical bar food and 10 taps.  3 were AB InBev, 4 were MillerCoors and 3 were independent beers.  2 Sam Adams and 1 from Summit, so I went for the Summit Extra Pale Ale and I believe I must of been the first person in at least a week to drink it.  So I struggled through the Summit because it was the most crafty thing they had.

Last night I was at a much better place in Lincoln Nebraska, Lazlo's.  If you have been reading my blogs for a while you will remember I was at Lazlo's previously.  To me this is the best place in Lincoln as far as food, beer and location.  From my research there does not seem to be really an option to it in Lincoln.

Last night I had their Black Pepper Porter, a nice porter that does promote the flavor of the pepper.  It becomes much more noticeable as it warms.  The second beer I had was their Summerfest a good drinkable light summer beer, it finished off the night well.  Also the meat is grilled over a hickory wood fire, which adds a wonderful hickory smoke to the meat.

So thankfully I will be home tomorrow night, Yeah!  I am sure there will be some kind of beer adventure this weekend.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment