Friday, May 13, 2011

Upcoming tappings at Great River Brewery

Great River Brewery in Davenport will have two more special tappings this month.  First they will have a tapping of their Copper Ale on Saturday May 21st, of course they pick the busiest day I have of the year so far for a tapping.  Unfortunately I probably will not be able to make it, so every one go "Ah shoot!"  Thank you.  :)   They are calling it a great summer beer, my wife will be the judge of that!

The next special tapping is the "hydra" ale that was brewed on Big Brew Day, May 7th, a Blonde/Klosch  Ale, on May 26th.  That was brewed by seven members of MUGZ on the Great River Brewery's system.  I am looking forward to tasting this one since I was one of the seven.  Come on out and meet the brewers and let us know if it is worth a damn or not.  I sure hope it sells well, but the public will have the last vote.

As those who have been to a special tapping at Great River it is a special event where they open their doors and allow anyone a behind the scenes look at the brewery and a chance to meet the brewery staff.  It is a fun and entertaining event for every one and I do mean every one, no one is shut out from the enjoyment.  I know I always look forward to their tappings.  I have to say I truly have something riding on the tapping on May 26th.

So come out for both or chose one to come to.  If you can not make it to one or both, it's all good do not sweat it the beer will be there when you can make it!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment