Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sioux City, IA Buffalo Alice

Last night I was in Sioux City, IA and needing a good beer place to eat, so after some research I decided on Buffalo Alice http://www.buffaloalice.com/ a bar/ restaurant in the historic 4th St. district.  Since I had about 4 blocks between my hotel and Buffalo Alice I decided to walk, which proved to be interesting. 

I arrived at the bar with no trouble and went in and found a seat at the bar.  The inside is interesting they have a mural of famous musicians and also attached above the bar album covers, including DIO!  Rock on J & L, However most were of the disco era.  The floor was a very creaky hardwood floor that any time someone walked you felt your chair move.

They have between 20 and 30 taps and over 100 bottles of beer and a food menu of pizza, spaghetti and a few bar type appetizers.  So if you are looking for something else food wise this is not the place for you.  As far as the beer overall it is pretty pedestrian collection of macro, craft and import beers.  There was  not one beer making me go wow  that they have. 

I broke my self imposed boycott of Goose because those were the hoppiest beers on tap, I had a Honkers Ale and an IPA.  So far they taste fine, AB INBev have not destroyed them yet!  Food wise I had a small pizza with Canadian bacon, pepperoni and ground buffalo on it.  The pizza was delicious and I understand why they are known for it.

When I sat down I had my beer order taken and then had a paper boat of popcorn dropped off with my beer.  Overall this place is worth a visit or two when you are in Sioux City.  So next time when I am in town I will give it another shot.

Well now onto the trip back to the hotel.  As I was walking back I saw this really cool water fountain and started checking it out.  It was a four sided fountain that had bull heads shooting out water.  I walked up on it from the east side and the plaza was just flat pavers and as I continued to admire the fountain and walk on I came across my problem.  The west side has a step down because the pavers slant down toward the entrance to the movie theater and you probably know what happened next.  That's right QCBG goes down and skins his knee and bangs up his right arm and shoulder enough so I am sore and have limited use of the right arm.  So that is why no post last night, my apologizes.

Just a reminder about the special tappings coming up at Great River. May 21st is the Copper Ale and May 26th the tapping of the "Hydra Ale" brewed  on Big Brew Day.  Looking forward to tasting both of these beers.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment