Sunday, May 15, 2011

Beer Mags and Papers

As many of you know there are a number of beer magazines and newspapers and probably a few of you subscribe to or pick up and read various ones.  I myself subscribe to All About Beer, Brew Your Own, Beer Connoisseur and Zymurgy, which I receive as part of my membership to AHA.  I also pick up some of the papers that usually are laid out at some of the beer bars and brewpubs I frequent, included in those are Great Lakes Brewing News, Ale Street News and the occasional Celebrator.

If a person types in beer magazines in Google they receive a number of possibilities including some I have not named; Draft, Beer, Beer Advocate and a few others.  A decent but not all encompassing website is http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/beermagazines.html which lists many of those that I have mentioned as well as some others.  Some are more serious to their beer news than others, some are just a step above FHM, you know the Men's magazine that shows barely clad women.

The ones I receive or pick up are some of the more serious beer news magazines and papers.  That is the reason I read these is to find out what is on going in the beer industry and around the Midwest.  As well a couple of the magazines I subscribe to are homebrew based and provide much information to me in regards to my favorite hobby.

If you are looking for a magazine of paper to provide information, entertainment or education just look at some that I have mentioned or do your own search and find the right one for you.  More than likely there is a magazine or paper for you, you just have to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment