Monday, April 4, 2011

The Lure of "Free Money"

Tonight I am in Des Moines again and I went to Rock Bottom Brewery.  I went mainly due to the fact I had $5 on my Mug Club card.  That equals an extra beer with dinner tonight.  As well they honor the AHA card discount.  So this evening I wound up with just over $6 in "free money".  Not that I am a cheap ass, but the opportunity to get more for less was too much to pass up.

As far as beer quality Rock Bottom in Des Moines serves beer that is of high quality.  Tonight I enjoyed their Dopplebock, Fire Chief Ale and 4x Quad.  Each beer had somewhat of a significance with me tonight.  First the Dopplebock due to the season and also the blogger in Iowa that is only drinking Dopplebocks for Lent, like the monks did in times past.  The Fire Chief was chosen because I am a sucker for a fundraiser!  On every Fire Chief they sell they donate a quarter to fireman related charities.  Lastly the 4x Quad was just because, it is a big beer that the Brewer Eric has been producing since the state of Iowa join the civilized world and allowed beer above 5% ABV.

Sometimes it is just a good evening when  a person can eat and have a few beers with some "free money" that someone is giving them.  Also now I am only 10 more visits from receiving my own Rock Bottom grilling set.  So needless to say these freebies are anything but free, thankfully I am on business in Des Moines and can expense my dinner.

I am just saying be careful with the chance to use your free money when you go into a place to eat.  It may not be every thing you bargained for.

QC Beerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment