Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ft. Dodge, IA- Olde Boston's Resaurant & Pub

Well I find myself in exotic Ft. Dodge, IA looking for a good beer bar with good food.  Through my search I found a place that looked somewhat promising, Olde Boston's Restaurant & Pub ttp://www.oldebostons.com/index.html .  From examining the website I decided that they had a good food menu and what they call a "Great Selection of Beer", which turned out to be just about anything that AB Inbev sells.  It makes perfect sense why they have a picture of their Bud Rep on the Beer Menu page, because that is almost everything they sell.  Sorry carrying the full line of AB Inbev beers is not a great selection of beers.

I walked in to the place and it looks cool enough a redone first floor of an old building, so lots of brick, wood and lights.  I go sit down at the bar and I am greeted promptly by the bar keep and asked what I wanted.  I look up and the taps are as follows Shock Top, Goose Seasonal, Honker's Ale, Bud Light and Shock Top Raspberry.  I ordered the Goose Seasonal and then decide on my meal for the evening.  I decide on the pork tenderloin with a side of mac and cheese.  The food was quite good!

After I ordered my food I start exploring their bottle selection and find Stella, Warstiener, Sam Adams and Blue Moon to name the highlights.  Almost all of the beers they offered were AB Inbev, so I was not pleased with their " Great Selection of Beers".  To me a great selection of beers does not mean carrying the whole beer catalog of one company.

So if you find yourself in Ft. Dodge, IA and are looking for a "Great Selection of Beers" this is not the place!  They have a very interesting menu, but the beer selection is lacking.  Needles to say if I find myself overnight in Ft. Dodge again I will have to explore elsewhere to find good beer.  If you want good food come here, but avoid the beer.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment