Friday, April 1, 2011

The Landing

Last night I accompanied my wife to The Landing for a guest bartender night to raise money for the Quad City Chapter of the American Red Cross.  Before last night I did not know the place existed.   It is tied to the Bass Street Chop house and is a couple of doors down from the restaurant, so you have to walk outside in between the two.  Yes I agree not good planning.  We walked into the bar and I liked what I saw.  It is an upscale bar that is serving a clientele that is out for a special evening.  It is clean, with lots of wood and mirrors.  They had many top shelf liquors proudly on display.

My wife and I went in and tried to find out what beers they had.  Since these were guest bartenders they were unsure what they had.  My wife quickly spotted Stella on tap, so that was her choice.  I had to go down and see what they had for tap beers.  I saw a couple interesting tap handles Founder's Centennial IPA and Two Brothers Domaine Dupage.  I asked for the Founder's, after a couple of minutes I was informed by the bartender that the bar manager said that was not being poured tonight.  OK why would you leave a tap handle out on display if that beer was not being poured that night?  Big major strike, I was less than pleased.  So they pointed me to the bottles they had on display in the fridge and saw a few interesting beers in there as well.  They had Mad Hatter, Shipwrecked IPA, and Two Brother's Cane and Abel to name a few.  So I first went with the Mad Hatter and then both my wife and I  followed our first beers with Domine Dupage.  Also I had a Cane and Abel.  So they do have good beer.

If you are looking for an upscale bar to start your night out, I would suggest giving The Landing a try.  Hopefully they do a better job staying current on what they actually have on tap or what they are willing to serve their customers.  One other aside they do not have any local beer, so that would be the second improvement they need to make.  So if anyone from the local breweries is reading this go get them!  Every bar in town needs at least one good local beer!

Again another mention of what the Red Cross does for the community.  With in the last week they have helped the victims of at least 3 fires to the tune of over $20,000 for the 3 fires.  Unfortunately 2 of the fires were in apartments, so many people were displace in each fire.  Just a reminder if you can spare a few $ or the price of a beer this weekend. please consider on donating to the Quad City chapter of the American Red Cross.  Hopefully they won't be helping you out when the next fire in the community hits.

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment