Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Am I a Regular?

Many of us have wondered this at a bar that we frequent.  When we find a bar we feel comfortable at, when am I considered a regular?  Is it when I find myself going back to the same place?  Is it when I am recognized by the bar staff?  Is it when the bar staff knows my name?  Is it when I make friends with some of the people at the bar?  Is it when the bar staff knows my drink?  Or just when is it?  I am very interested in comments from everyone on this, because I feel there is no correct answer.

I come to this thought because of my travels and the places I frequent on my travels.  Since I travel the same route every two weeks I find myself in the same place to eat frequently and I found myself as a regular at these places.  Each place is different as well.

At several places I am known to the bar staff by appearance, but not by name.  One particular bar I am known by name as well as by appearance.  Other places it depends on who is working as to if I am recognized or not.  So at those times am I a regular?

And when I am home in the QC I frequent the same places because I feel comfortable there.  My first place was Bent River and even though they have change over the staff many times since I first went there it is still home.  I may not know all of the staff's name, but at least I do know many of the people that frequent Bent.  As well I do know some of the owners.  So I do consider myself a regular there.

I feel the same way at Great River.  This is a place I frequent and feel comfortable at.  I do know some of the bar staff's names but I don't think they really know mine, but they know me by face and allow me some latitude as a regular.  Needless to say I enjoy places I feel comfortable at.


As I said earlier I am very interested in other peoples opinions on this subject, so please contact me with your thoughts.  If possible leave me a comment on my blog, or by posting on facebook, or by emailing me at agger503@gmail.com .  There is no right or wrong answer to this question, so do not be afraid to answer.

Have a great night!

QC Beerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment