Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Schaumburg Ram Brewery

I'm back on the road tonight in Schaumburg for work.  Luckily next door to the hotel is a Ram Brewery, a chain brewpub.  It is a stand alone building and quite imposing due to the physical size.  Went and sat at the bar and had a wonderful young lady as a bartender.  Had a sampler of the 6 standard beers, I liked 3 out of the six the Buttface Amber, Big Red IPA, and Total Disorder Porter.  The other 3 beer were pedestrian at the best Big Horn Hefewiezen,  Big Horn Blonde, and 71 Pale Ale.

As far as scale and the feel of this place it is so cool!  They have a very extensive menu and it is damn good.  I had a peanut burger, which is a bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter.  This goes out to my fellow brown hatters Jim and Scot!  Also had a really nice weizenbock called the Sno'ball Ale, quite enjoyable.

If you find yourself up by the Woodfield mall it is well worth a stop.  It does get busy at night so come before 5pm and you will have no problem.

QC Beerguy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beerguy,
    I put peanut butter on my hamburger the other night, but it ran off while it was grilling.
    Talk to ya later,
    Jon

    ReplyDelete